Saturday, April 05, 2008

Bridge and Reflections


Bridge and Reflections
Originally uploaded by linfrye
There is a wonderful demonstration on Wet Canvas (www.wetcanvas.com) about painting water. I found this photo reference and thought I'd try some of the suggestions made.

I simplified the landscape somewhat, eliminating the rocks so I could have a rather still water scene, and kept the foliage on the yellow/green side to represent spring.

In darkening my trees, I stiffened them too much -- I must take better care to get them dark the first time to avoid this in the future ...

5 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Beautiful water, Lin! Thanks for the link - I'll definitely have a look.

Teri said...

It's beautifl Lin and I need to go have a look also.

Sue Seibert said...

Wow, Lin, that's amazing.

Tami said...

This is very good! I need to go have a peek myself...

Karen Sandstrom said...

This is nice, Lin. I really liked the flowering quince, too.