Friday, April 11, 2008

Flowered Windowbox


Flowered Windowbox
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I've had this photograph of the flowered windowbox for months and months, just waiting for the 'right' time to paint it ... I suppose this week was the right time! LOL

I LOVE windowboxes ...they're immensely cheerful and are those wonderful mini-gardens that can afford such joy!

It's going to be mighty busy from this weekend forward .... With only this weekend to ready for my trip, birthdays and grandchildren, obligations and chores, I may be scarce from the painting table ...
but my sketchbook will be with me ...!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to spring!! I also love windowboxes and need to pull out my series of photos of them taken in Venice. You've inspired me! Have a great trip and enjoy those grandchildren....
Shirley

Teri said...

I love this cheerful painting Lin! Makes me want to go and plant one.

Tami said...

Gay and bright! Excellent job on the window glass behind it too. Have a great trip, will be looking forward to seeing your sketches when you return!

Joan said...

Lin, I love this one!! Super color in the flowers contrasted against the building. Great job on the window glass too. I love window boxes. They are always so interesting to me. I've taken lots of photos of them. Nice job on this!

Lorraine said...

Oh I love it; wish I had windows that would take window boxes! Yours is so colorful and cheerful. Thanks for cheering up this gloomy overcast very cold day.

Have a wonderful trip and do lots of sketching!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Your window box reminds me of my trip to Venice in September, 2005 -- the windowboxes there in early fall (late summer, really, it seemed) were spectacular!