Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tagged!! By Jona!

My dear friend, Jona, (http://jona-sunnydays.blogspot.com/) has so kindly tagged me to tell five things about myself:

1. While it's not anything I've been shy about, I do absolutely LOVE Italy -- and I seem to find more and more places, besides my beloved Sicily, I wishto visit there! From the people to the food to the incredible light, art, history and countryside, I have never experienced a coming 'home' as I did when I visited Sicily .... I absolutely must return to Italy -- to Sicily --- soon!

2. I am one of the few folks I know who really really really LOVES black licorice!

3. And I"m just as smitten with mints of all kinds. In fact, one year, my garden consisted of over 20 different pots of mint -- peppermint, spearmint, orange mint, lemon mint, pineapple mint, etc., etc. Yes, I really love the stuff!!! LOL

4. While I've always thought of myself as a 'petite' lady, lately when I see photos of myself with other people, I am struck by how really SHORT I am!!! SIGH! At 5'1" you'd think after all these years, I'd have a realistic view of myself. !!! LOL But when I remarked to my coworkers after viewing a publicity shot of myself with a donor just how surprised I was to see how very SHORT I was, they burst out laughing --- wondering why I was so surprised!! oh well, go figure. !!! LOL

5. After working for almost 7 years building an Arboretum (with a long way to go), I RARELY have a chance to garden any more! I LOVE plants and flowers -- but I've become the proverbial shoeless shoe-makers daughter -- I'm growing more weeds than annuals ... sigh!

So now -- for the next five --I tend to be a bit uncomfortable doing this -- so, would five of my favorite (and willing friends), kindly take up the challenge.....???

Lin

1 comment:

Robyn Sinclair said...

Black licorice, mint, Italy - we have such a lot in common, Lin. But I've got at least 3" on you ;)