Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Venice Door


Venice Door
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I'm not sure they've fixed my access at work, and so I'm posting this from my remote addy so I could SEE it! LOL

I continue to practice my reflections -- and thought using a photo of a Venice doorway was a good way to practice different knds of reflections.

There is always a joy for me when I work on anything Italian -- and though I've never been to Venice, it's one of the 'wished for' places to visit ....soon!

10 comments:

Patti G. said...

LIN, first, I adore you latest watercolors! WOW!!! The River is stunning and the Dogwood and Venice alllllllllll beautiful!
I LOVED seeing you with Mike on his motorcycle! GOOD FOR YOU MOM!!!!!!
What an occasion! I am sure Mike loved taking you for a ride! Hehehe!
And Nick and Emily are sweet as punch going down the slides too and playing! LOVELY!
Hugs,Patti

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Abother beauty Lin. This is so fresh looking.

Tami said...

You have such a beautiful touch with stone! great job on the reflections too!

Dave said...

Lovely work, great colours.

Mark Kwasny said...

Wow! Your colors are brilliant! I'll stick with ink and pen for now, but wow... I hope to pull something like this off in the near future!

Mark

Joan said...

Having been to Venice I have to say you did Venice proud!!!! Good job on the textured wall and the abundance of colorful flowers.

Sue Seibert said...

How lovely. The reflection is nicely done!

Laura Frankstone said...

Oh, that palette! Such a lovely sketch, cara.

Lorraine said...

Oh this one makes me want to paint again! Your reflections are just perfect -- the windows and the floor/ground. But I love the whole composition. Reminds me of your door series awhile back. Beautiful!!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Felicity Grace said...

Wow, Lin, this is gorgeous, I love the palatte too! Oh, I hope they haven't restricted your access, the meanies!