Saturday, April 26, 2008

View from our 8th floor window


View from our 8th floor window
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I sketched this view twice to try to get the perspective close!!! LOL It was an incredibly beautiful sight -- rainbow colored condos, water and those ever-present coconut palms. I was also trying to list all the incredible flowers that grew there or I saw ...

Again, I had such a challenging time sketching during this trip -- so much beauty in front of me, using a smaller palette and paper, and doing so in bits and pieces as time permitted ... but what I enjoyed most about these sketches was the 'focused attention' on the view before me -- that will be experienced again and again as I re-read my journal ...

7 comments:

Patti G. said...

Fantastic Lin! I am loving all your pictures and sketches! LOVE the colors of the condos and such lining the water! Just amazing!!!!!!!!!
You deserved that fun getaway!
Hugs,
Patti

Sue Seibert said...

Lin, this is beautiful. Looks like you're having a wonderful time, too!tkfelt

Claudia said...

Lin, it seems you had a wonderful trip and you did very nice paintings!

Linda said...

Oh, what a wonderful trip you must have had! The photos are fantastic -- your "heading out to the Bahamas" watercolor is PERFECT -- and now this! Yay, Lin!

Anonymous said...

Lovely and quaint and so colorful. You did a great job of capturing the mood!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Karen Sandstrom said...

Yes, you'll definitely have the essence of the trip burned into your memory in the way you wouldn't if you had just snapped a few photos. The candy colored condos are excellent, Lin.

Joan said...

I love the way you captured the pastel condos. It really looks like what you showed in the photo. Super!!