Monday, May 19, 2008
Egret At Magnolia Gardens
I took most of the day yesterday to give this a try. I had masked the egret and the grasses wonderfully -- and had painted almost everything. When I uncovered the egret, the masking turned the paper yellow (Arches 140 cp/masquepen) .... I tried to scrub out the yellow -- but it didn't work. Talk about being crestfallen!! So I painted the egret in watercolors, and then added a bit of gouache for the highlights.
It's back to work again -- another busy week -- first day of summer session, a tour with 15 folks to a distant garden, dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in a while, and those ever-present reports!
Have a great week!
(Done on a quarte sheet Arches #140cp)
PS -- The foliage colors are those you suggested, Keith!