Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sicilian Wildflowers


Sicilian Wildflowers
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Walking around our neighborhood this weekend, I was drawn, as I usually am, to wonderful array of wildflowers growing in the ditches. Later that morning, the screen saver on my computer showed photo of a field of wildflowers I had taken while in Sicily a few years ago ...I just HAD to paint it!

I remember standing above this long hill and vista, overlooking the hotel of Casalicchio --- and seeing these wonderful pink/purple flowers mixed with yellow wildflowers and wheat and mixed grasses .....

This image, and painting, returned me to my beloved Italy ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors and so well sketched and painted. I don't think I've ever seen anything like them and the color is so unusual for a wild flower.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Bonny said...

Catching up with my blogging friends..

This is really pretty, Lin. You captured the flowers swaying gently in the breeze.. Lovely!

I've never been to Sicily, but your paintings have made me long to go there.

Joan said...

Lin - Do you have your computer set to change your screen saver pictures? This is lovely! Wildflowers often are so nice, and appear exactly like Mother Nature meant. Too bad we don't get to see more of them.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

gorgeous!
hugs, chris

Carole said...

Lin, these colours are beautiful! How wonderful to have fields full of wild flowers. You've captured it perfectly.

Teri said...

Beautiful composition and colors. Love it!