Monday, May 26, 2008

Strawberries - Loosely Speaking

Though Poppies are the traditional Memorial Day icon, I thought I'd share a bit of "Red White and Blue" with a loose rendering of some of the strawberries we picked this weekend.

Painting loosely is a 'challenge' for me -- the need for 'detail' is ever strong (the botanist maybe???), and so it took a couple of attempts to apply paint fast and wet and then leave it alone after it was done ... the painting is loose (for me), but not as 'abstract' as I had seen in my head ...! LOL I suppose each of us has our own 'style' that comes thru no matter what other style we admire, love or try ... and we spent a long time learning that! LOL

Today, we'll do the typical outdoor grilling as our office 'opening of Summer," and I'll continue working with strawberries.

I made some wonderful strawberry tea bread for our special 'tea' at the Arboretum next week, dried several trays, and have turned a bit 'red' from eating so many.

I think I may have a date with my jam making equipment ....

5 comments:

Linda said...

Yum! The strawberries are wonderful!

Teri said...

After reading the previous post I was waiting for these strawberries. And worth the wait, they are yummy-looking.

Anonymous said...

Your strawberries are beautiful Lin and I wouldnt' want them any looser. they are perfect as is1 We had strawberries for dessert tonight...just can't get enough!
ronell

caseytoussaint said...

You did a great job staying loose - this is lovely.

Joan said...

Lin, I don't think you or I can ever be really loose in our painting. LOL These look perfect! I wish I had a few right now. Nicely done!!!