Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cone Flowers and Rubeckias


Cone Flowers and Rubeckias
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Despite temperatures well over 90F for the last several weeks, and still no rain rain in sight, my cone flowers and bright Rudbeckias continue to bloom. I can only water them during the weekends -- and it amazes me that they're surviving at all!

Emily and Nick come for a visit today -- I bought them a wee pool to splash in -- and hope to get them to help me wash the car so we can ALL be wet!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love the soft diffused background. It's amazing how tolerant some plants can be without water. Good going Lin!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colors, especially the two together. Great job on the shading too! I got thoroughly soaked yesterday in one of a series of daytime rain storms so maybe it's headed your way!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Lovely and loose and beautiful!!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Like a lot the combination of warm and colder colors in this one.