Thursday, June 19, 2008

French Window


French Window
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Thank YOU all so much for your most generous comments yesterday -- I cannot tell you how they lifted up a sagging soul after a truly taxing day -- thank you ...more than I can say.

I got home late last night and worked on this French Window (from a photo on Wet Canvas) that I began Tuesday night. I was drawn to the stonework and of course, flowers, and wanted to see if I could keep it rather sketchy and simple ... I LOVE windows, arches and doors, but I have a tendency to sketch every stone -- sigh -- but I feel as though I've come a bit closer with this sketch to simplify my vision far more than I normally do.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lin,
This is spectacular!! I have a series of window/flower box photos that I took in Venice and would be happy to share the photo album with you on Ofoto.com if you need more. This might inspire me to tackle them.

Carol C said...

Oh, Lin---this is beautiful!!! I love it! I am also drawn to windows and doorways but haven't had the courage to try it.....You've set the bar pretty high!--Carol C.

Joan said...

Lin, Your window is SUPER!!! I think you included just enough brick markings. I haven't been to France (except passing through a train station long ago). I love the lacy curtain in the window. Great job on this!!!!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Another really pretty sketch! The colors, the detail, all charming. I wonder though, might it make a bigger impact cropped in so the window fills the frame more? I may be all wet, probably am. I'm enjoying your dialy doses of charm.

Teri said...

It is beautiful. I love the vignette style of this.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Beautiful!!
hugs chris

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Don't worry, Lin, there is not one stone too much. Amazing wall and beautiful flowers... Brava! :)

Linda said...

Lin - this is really wonderful! Beautiful interpretation of the stone -- I think you did the perfect amount of line work and the perfect amount of "stuff left up to the viewer"...
:-) GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's so nice to see your windows again. This one is just beautiful. I am still amazed at how you can switch subjects with such ease.
Hugs,
Lorraine