Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gardenias - Pen and Wash


Gardenias - Pen and Wash
Originally uploaded by linfrye
The gardenias are in full bloom and scenting the air with the most WONDERFUL fragrance!!!! I clipped a couple to help scent my rooms at home AND my office ....

Thank you all for your kind comments and good wishes. Thank heavens, and you, yesterday was a MUCH better day -- whew --- and today, it's going to be a balmy 90F instead of the 100+ we've been experiencing.

The heat and lack of rain has begun affecting the plants though and already, even with watering, we're beginning to see the stress on many of the small trees and perennials. It's going to be a long, hot summer, I'm afraid.

Stay cool ....! And once more, many,many thanks...!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Beautiful gardenias!! You captured them perfectly!! I love their smell. When I was growing up I had an uncle that was godfather to two of my sisters. He was always good at bringing them gifts for holidays including gardenia corsages for Easter. I was so jealous!!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous my friend. And I love what you did with the vase! You amaze me. I was "bragging on you" to a friend yesterday about your single mindedness in learning to watercolor. She had taken a class and felt she was hopeless at it!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Carole said...

This is gorgeous! I love the purity of the blooms, and the soft shadow of the vase. You've also got the semi-opaque transparency of the vase with the stalks just showing - absolutely perfect. The whole thing looks cool and composed.

Teri said...

This is simply beautiful Lin, just beautiful.