Monday, June 02, 2008

Henderson House and Wildflowers

After 30 years of gardening I seem to be returning to my botanical roots --- I have become enamored once again with the wild places -- especially roadsides and forgotten landscapes that Nature seems to fill with the most astonishing wildflowers.

As I passed by this farm home last week en route to my son's, I was struck, as I was when I first fell in love with wildflowers and native plants, how beautiful those 'ditchbanks' looked against the house. So I pulled off the tiny bit of shoulder and snapped a few photos for painting.

I'm fairly pleased with the way this turned out, though I'm still experimenting with 'green!' LOL

The new computer is far faster than my old, but anything new, especially with so much to transfer, always has a few glitches ... we'll be working out most of those when I return home later this week.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful! I always love the ditchbanks, too. That's where the real stuff happens! :-D

Anonymous said...

To my knowledge, I've never seen a ditchbank, but I know that I love this painting.

Sandy said...

Oh you are right nature can create amazing surprises. you have captured a snippet extremely well.

Anonymous said...

Your experimenting with green looks good Lin...a lovely scene this!
ronell

Joan said...

Great wildflowers against the landscape with the house. Great colors. I don't blame you for stopping to take pictures!!

caseytoussaint said...

Beautiful, Lin! It looks to me like you've masterd the greens. I love the contrast with the orange roo - very well done!

Teri said...

It is just plain gorgeous Lin! I frequently do the pulloff thing also.