Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hydrangeas


Hydrangeas
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Either my computer at work or Flickr was giving me a hard time this morning uploading any images -- so I wound up with two uploaded .. mercy ..

Anyway, these sweet peas were on Rebecca's table last night and I tried to do simple washes and keep it loose - but failed at that .... so here's why a tired body produces when one should really go to bed instead of push the river! LOL

I did wind up sketching them again for another attempt this weekend -- AFTER a sufficient night's sleep...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you did a great job pushing the river! I love the looseness of the flowers against the detailed leaves. Bravo!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teresa said...

I subscribed to your blog a few weeks ago and look forward to each of your posts. Your paintings are so fresh and vibrant... just beautiful! Please keep up the good work.

Joan said...

Great vibrant color in this one, Lin. I like the relaxed splashes you added too.

Teri said...

The color in these is so vibrant and full of energy.