Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sicilian Olive Grove


Sicilian Olive Grove
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Each time I go through my photos of Italy, I am always surprised to 'find/discover" a photo I took but have somehow forgotten about. This image is from one of those. It's an olive grove, taken during the first few days of our trip to Sicily - probably in Marsala. I loved that blue/green of the olives and the haze of distant mountains. Friends of our just returned from a trip to Northern Italy .. guess I was a bit 'homesick' for another visit myself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you got the rounded effect in this one. I could never get that -- of course I didn't practice as you have done. Another good one Lin!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Lovely job on the olive groves!!!! They are so special to see in person and in this painting!!!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Love your "uliveto", Lin.