Monday, June 16, 2008

Sunshine Lavender Farm 6 08


Sunshine Lavender Farm 6 08
Originally uploaded by linfrye
The Lavender Festival Saturday was really fun!!! Temperatures remained in the low 90s -- cooler for us -- and the scent and sight of lavender plants gave the air a very 'relaxing' fragrance and restive view!

I sat in the sun with an umbrella over me tfor shade o capture a bit of the enlarged perennial garden that framed the large farmhouse. Charles played his guitar and sang, and we feasted on chocolate cupcakes with lavender icing, chicken wrap sandwiches, lavender lemonade and chocolate lavender ice cream -- TRULY DIVINE! I brought home a few more lavender plants as well.

Besides enjoying the outdoors, great food and the time to paint gardens and plants, it was a most incredible day -- We ran into friends I hadn't seen in years! One of these is the wife of a fellow I worked with to help begin an arboretum at another college, and the other, a friend who used to roller skate with C and me!!! She wound up setting up her chair next to me and watercoloring with me! What fun -- Who would have guessed! And we met again with some folks from the plein air group I was introduced to at this same festival last year ---And I sold some paintings!!

All in all, a most delightful, delicious day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lin truly a banner day -- you sold some paintings -- the best news to hear and that you met old friends also wonderful news. The found sounds divine. I notice that in your list of foods you mentioned the chocolate cupcakes first (LOL). So glad you got to visit this wonderful place and paint such a delightful painting.
Hugs and Congratulations,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Whoops, the "food" sounds divine.
Lorraine

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Congratulations on selling some work. Your work is just beautiful.

Teri said...

It sounds like a perfect day for painting, meeting old friends and just enjoying the day. And selling! Great!

Joan said...

Lin, Sounds like a truly wonderful "lavender" day!! cograts on selling some paintings. It was nice that you ran into people you hadn't seen for a while. That's always fun.

Ivona Hrvatin said...

I'm glad you had a great day. Very appealing from your description.

Lin, you shouldn't mention chocolate sweets...there are some chocoholics here around ... ;)
And if you ever get a recipe for lavender lemonade, I'm here ... :)

A very nice painting...love the different violet tones in it and beautiful ground.