Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Arboretum Azalea Bed In Fog


Arboretum Azalea Bed In Fog
Originally uploaded by linfrye
With the fall approaching and more rain in the forecast, our mornings are often foggy and present wonderful opportunities to try to capture the misty-ness of the views I see.

I walked to the Azalea Gardens yesterday - the plants moistened with rain and the backdrop a curtain of hazy pines. One of the horticulture classes had just relined the paths with granite screenings, and somehow, the entire area looked fresh and clean -- as though the fog created a backdrop to bring the young plants into the spotlight.

BTW, the young red tree is a Crape Myrtle in wonderful dynamite red that gets more 'What's That!" questions when in full bloom (August).

10 comments:

Teresa said...

You captured that fresh, sparkly look of green against green... good job!!!

Felicity Grace said...

Lin, this is beautifully rendered, but I have to admire the difficult subjects you tackle! If anyone asked me to draw or paint an azalea bed in fog, I'd squeak and run away in terror!

Anonymous said...

Wow and Wow again. Such beauty! You did a fantastic job of capturing the misty look -- that's SO hard to do. And the plants in front are wonderfully rich colors against that backdrop. Bravo again!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Lin, it is beautiful. I love that foggy look and bit of red from the tree!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Beautiful Lin. I'm crazy about the fog look. You've really captured it. I says autumn.

Joan said...

I like the foggy background!!! You are always surrounded by such great plants and landscapes. I'd never stop painting.

Deb said...

So soft and misty...beautifully done, Lin!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Beautiful!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can really see the fog in the trees in the background.

Jana Bouc said...

wow! Great misty scene. Glad you survived the hurricanes!