Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Beach at Sunrise


Beach at Sunrise
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I'm continuing to play with various ideas as I challenge myself to stretch my boundaries, so to speak.

My good friend, Karen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/artezoe) has permitted me to use her glorious photo of Amelia Island for this watercolor -- THANK YOU, Karen!

I painted this not only for the sunrise and morning, but for the calm it brings me ..I remember driving into Charleston, SC over the various bridges that link the peninsula to other regions of the County and watching the sun rise over the boats moored at the harbor. The 'hope' symbolized by that bright orb as it glistened over the water never failed to make me smile and face the day with a bit more optimism...And this photo, this painting, brought all those feelings right back.

I am SO missing the wee kitties. C tells me mom and babes are doing well ... but being a mom and a Nonna, I want to SEE for myself!! LOL The work week won't end fast enough, I'm afraid ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day -- couldn't help it -- that's what comes to mind when I see your beautiful serene painting. I love the soft colors and the way the fronds (?) are waving in the breeze while the umbrellas and benches are just waiting for the daily rush of people. Beautiful!!

Oh I know -- how CAN you bear to be away from those babies!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Deb said...

This is so cool! Love it!

Joan said...

I love the beach grasses against that lovely sky!!!

Teri said...

It IS a beautiful and peaceful scene! Just beautiful!