Monday, September 15, 2008

Caltagirone, Sicily, Italy


Caltagirone, Sicily, Italy
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I'm slowly working my way through my photos of Italy and repainting those images I love most and those that bring back so vividly our time there.

This view, overlooking some ranchland and filled with yellow flowers, has been one of my favorites and I wanted to repaint it. It's a quarter-sheet, 140# cp Arches... I painted it last year (http://www.flickr.com/photos/linfrye/504275045/) -- and quite surprised myself by the 'difference' a year's worth of practice can make. LOL

Off to work again -- have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

Laura Frankstone said...

Hi Cara, I wish I could see your earlier version of this---that link you provided isn't clickable. This sketch has such depth and solidity! I'm thrilled for you that you'll be going back to Italy this coming May!!! I know what a dream that has been for you since your last visit!

Jenny said...

Lin! It's beautiful! The change over time is wonderful. I'm proud of you for working so hard.

Now I'm embarrassed over not practicing more, though I'm not sure I would have such a difference.

Teri said...

Gosh, this is so beautiful, you make ME want to go visit your beloved Italy!

Joan said...

Bella!!!! The colors in this are super! Great job on that tree and those wonderful rocks with the wild flowers and weeds behind them. Perfect!!! I wish I could see the original too. Ciao!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Really beautiful!
hugs chris

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Lin, this is truely lovely.

Gail Bartel said...

Love that tree. Great color.
gail

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just incredible -- my favorite of the week (exception for the kitties which I know where photos LOL). Oh the details, the shadows, the colors. I love it all and will go back and look at it over and over and over!
BRAVO!!!
Hugs,
Lorraine