Friday, September 12, 2008

Foggy Field


Foggy Field
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

Mornings are still foggy here -- a sure sign of fall's approach. Roadsides are becoming yellow with wildflowers, and sienna with drying grasses. I LOVE this time of year -- moody, nostalgic, contemplative -- and yet, since we live in the southern US, some days are still bright and HOT as though reluctant to let summer pass.

Though shrouded in fog, our temperatures are still quite warm... and more rain is predicted for the weekend. BUT-- our drought is truly, abolutely, OVER!!! Thank heavens!

3 comments:

Teri said...

It is very foggy and moody for sure. Thank goodness your drought is over.

Joan said...

I love the colors in this....truly autumnal!!! Although I love the colors of autumn, I'm never ready to give up summer.

Anonymous said...

I love love love your tree! The detail in the branches. I was just talking with someone recently and he/she said they loved winter trees because the branches were so interesting and I feel the same way. Beautiful Lin!
Hugs,
Lorraine