Tuesday, September 02, 2008

House and Sky after Bellamy and Kersey

After all the excitement this weekend, I felt like sketching something a bit different from my 'normal' pallet, and so, using a combination of ideas and images, I painted this -- the farmhouse is one C and I saw in the rural parts of Oxford, the sky and foreground from color suggestions of Geoff Kersey and the style is more like David Bellamy's ....It was fun and the colors so different for me ...

Boots is doing well and getting 'out' from under the stairs more and more. I am so reluctant to leave for work -- I'm going to miss keeping an eye on the brood.

We're expecting some kind of 'weather' from Hurricane Hannah this Friday and Saturday ... fingers are crossed for only rain ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow; yes, this is very different from your usual style but I like it. It shows your versatility -- and your continued growth as an artist! Good for you!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

The colors are different for you, but I like this!! I love old houses in landscapes. Your sky is super!!

Teri said...

Oh Lin, another fabulous painting! Just beautiful! Love that sky.

Sue Seibert said...

This is lovely, Lin. Hope any bad weather leaves you alone!

mARTa said...

I just love the tone of this paiinting! What a wonderful piece!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Another winner. Your work is always soothing showing me a comfort that a lot of paintings miss. I agree, the sky is awesome!

Deb said...

Awesome sky, beautiful color! You are so well rounded!