Monday, September 08, 2008

Sicilian Street


Sicilian Street
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Every time I review my photos of Sicily, I 'see' something in a scene I didn't notice before or thought I couldn't attempt to paint. This scene was one of those.

Everywhere we went in Sicily, we found clothes hanging on lines and the tiniest of winding streets. I don't often paint buildings... but thought I'd give this one a go. I so love revisiting those photos for inspiration and for remembering one of our favorite trips.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this one is so lovely -- the perspective is perfect and oh those shadows. I can almost feel the sun on my face as I make my way down that narrow street and see the laundry gently moving in the breeze! I love the bright laundry against the neutral colors of the buildings and street. Just perfect!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

PERFECT! You should be painting buildings - your work is gorgeous!

Teresa said...

Lin, this is wonderful! The warmth of the walls and the play of shadow and light.... wow!!!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

This just looks like it was a great - cozy location. I'm sure you have fond memory's.

Deb said...

Truly lovely! I love the flower pots and the aged look of the buildings.

Carole said...

Wow - you've done really well with the perspective on this, even those railing on the balcony! And I really like the splashes of colour made by the washing and the pots. Lovely composition.

Teri said...

OMG!! this is fantabulous painting Lin! Just fab!!!