Friday, May 29, 2009

Google Maps Practice Sketch at Airport

Daily Practice

As I was scanning some of my journal pages I found this one and thought I'd post it before I begin posting those from the trip.

I found this site using Google Maps (I can't recall at the moment where in Italy it was, but it was from the street scene view along the coast of Northern Italy. I sketched it while waiting to leave for Italy, and painted it at RDU while waiting for my plane ... so it could be said I was practicing for the trip! LOL

Right now, it's 10 pm Italy time, 4:00 EDT .. and my poor body isn't sure whether it should sleep or eat ... ! I think a nap is in order.

Funny thing, too. I ran a few errands and the elderberries now in blossom here were also in blossom in Tuscany. I LOVED seeing all the plants in Tuscany that we have here in North Carolina!

Floral connections for sure!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Ahhhhhh Italy!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back dear friend. It seems like you were gone forever but I'm sure it was just way too short for you!! Lovely anticipatory painting. Get rested from the jet lag and time zone changes and don't think about work until you are there!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Linda said...

Welcome home Lin! Can't wait to read all your fun notes about your adventures!