Friday, May 08, 2009

Our Skies this Week


Our Skies this Week
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

We've been playing the game of 'sun and storm' this week .... we'd wake up to torrential rains, thunder and lightning, stiff winds, then a few hours later, we'd have sunshine, high humidity, and clear skies. A few hours later, the storms will roll in again ....with tornado warnings, slanty sun followed by purple/black clouds. The words for the week have been 'sky watching!!!'

I'm home at last and ready to google some Italy maps, THINK about what to pack, and tidy up a few loose ends. My plane leaves on Wednesday, so I'm going to have a few days to catch up on sleep, painting, and my family before I cross the pond. I truly need to unwind a bit before the excitement of the trip...

Thank you all for your most kind comments this week. I hope to catch up on your artwork in the next few days ...! I've missed the wee bit of leisure during the week to be inspired by the incredible artwork created by YOU!

We're in for storms again. I have a bit of running around to do -- my Euros have arrived, I owe the library a book or two, and I MUST decide which shoes are most comfy so I have to do a bit of walking to do! LOL

Stay dry and safe!

3 comments:

annie said...

Beautiful sky, Lin. I hope you get to do all the painting you hope to do. Have a safe and happy journey.
annie

Joan said...

Super job on this atmospheric sky. The weather has been similar here...without the tornado warnings. Today we seem to have sun, so I'm off to do some plein air painting. Make sure you pack light!!! lol

Teri said...

Beautiful skies Lin! Sounds like our weather also.