Sunday, May 31, 2009

Overlook - Spoleto - Lesson Aerial Perspective

At this point in the trip, I'm still unable to settle myself to paint at my best ... I'm using my travel journal so my sketches are approximately 9" x 7" ... easier to 'try' to get done before heading out the next day.

During this session while we sat eating gelato and overlooking the aquaduct and landscape, Karlyn explained and demonstrated aerial perspective and so each of us worked at capturing the scene before us. I sketched this site twice - capturing all that woodland or attempting to make it interesting made this exceptionally challenging! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very very nice -- I can only imagine what it would have been if you'd been "able to settle!" I can see the real scene in my mind because you've done such a great job of capturing it.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

You did a great job on this!!! You focused in on just enough of the landscape. It must have been great to have someone instruct how to do aerial perspective. I KNEW I should have gone with you!!!