Monday, May 11, 2009

Viale di Antignano Tuscany Italy, Google Maps

Daily Practice
Google Maps

We spent a quiet Mother's Day yesterday. Talked to my mom, sisters, children, and Charles cooked my favorite Lemon Steak and Tortilini -- yum!

We spent the day relaxing -- even fit in a nap! LOL And I spent a bit of time packing and 'getting in the Tuscan' mood! I virtually visited Tuscany, looking for those 'green' areas that had a street view, and I found this wonderful combination of flowers and architecture. I printed the photo and went to work on my sketch. (Yes, there was really THAT much foliage in it! LOL Probably inspired my choice! LOL) I've printed a few others Tuscan views to practice on the plane during the long flight 'across the pond.'

I enjoyed 'seeing the sights' and am still amazed at the technology that allows us to 'see for miles!' It was terrific preparation for my growing excitement.

We've got another rainy day, cooler than it has been. My garden is enjoying so much water, but being indoors today may just mean another virtual trip.... Care to travel somewhere in Italy?

Now if I could only get a good cup of expresso! LOL

3 comments:

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Dear Lin,

it's been a long time since my last visit...
I hope I catch you in time before you are off to Italy...
PLEASE CHECK YOU EMAIL ACCOUNT (I'll write you my tel.),... so we can meet in Venice...
Hugs and kisses, till soon, Jona

Joan said...

Lin - GORGEOuS!!!! It looks like you're aready there painting in Italy! I think it's great that you're going to do some warm up painting on the plane. Hold the thought about the expresso until you're off the plane!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow; yes, lots of foliage; they must be having an abundance of rain as we are! Gorgeous painting Lin. Now you are going to be able to paint scenes from all over the world, right from your computer! Just imagine what you can fine!! Glad you had a great mother's day -- you deserve it!
Hugs,
Lorraine