Monday, August 24, 2009

Oranges


Oranges
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

I was still working through some of my photographs from Italy this weekend, and I came across a small orange tree that was growing at LaRomita, Tuscany. I had painted oranges before, and thought I'd try them again. I love the contrast of orange against green, and the work felt very contemplative as I worked on individual leaves.

It was good to see the grands yesterday -- I am always astonished to see how much they seem to grow from week to week. Emily's vocabulary at 5 is incredible to me - speaking with thought and purpose and 'finery' -- little slang! We did some tree-bark rubbings and my nails got painted pink and purple! Nick played tag with his neighbor friend -- all boy, to be sure.

Our weekend walks had four of our six cats following us. As soon as I can dowload some photos I'll post them. We looked like a mini-train or like the opening scene of the TV show - Bonaza - where Paw, Hoss, Adam and Little Joe all ride up the hill together --- makes me giggle every time I turn around and watch the cats behind us!

Another busy week ahead, but with school underway at the college, it shouldn't be so insane -- (fingers crossed)! It's supposed to be somewhat cooler as well ... a good time to be outdoors if possible.

Have a safe week!

4 comments:

Patti G. said...

The oranges are beautiful and it sounds like you had a wonderful visit with the grands!!!!!!!!
Such sweethearts to be sure!
Love that you now have pink and purple nails Lin! Haaaaaaaaaheheheh! You are rockin' in style! :0)
Have a great week my friend!
Hugs,Patti

Teri said...

The colors are just gorgeous!!! Your love of Italy shining through again.

Joan said...

Beautiful job on the oranges!!! I can almost smell their fragrance over here.

caseytoussaint said...

Such beautiful work - and you post so often! I really admire your energy.