Friday, November 20, 2009

Fall Tree Branch - Crop - GET WELL- GUY!

Daily Practice
Journal
Crop Version

This painting is dedicated to my dear friend, Guy, not only because his photo inspired it, but more so in hopes that he feel smuch better today!

Thank you, Guy, once more for allowing me to use one of your images!! (See www.flickr.com/photos/10422334@N08/4113926411/in/photostream).

I posted both versions of this because I wasn't sure which I liked better. What appealed to me was that rich golden, sienna color of the leaves ... and my own reluctance to see fall finish. Here in NC, there are still patches of bright leaves scattered among the woodlands - yes, more leaves on the ground than on the trees. But their brightness against the blue, clear sky is such a joy to me -- I really don't want the season to end!

It's a chore-filled day today as we ready for our short trip. I'll be taking in all the woodland colors I can ... and I'll be carrying those colors behind my eyes. This season, and this particular year of it, has really spoken to me. Wonder why this year especially?

Hope your day is filled with joyous color and the smell of fall's bounty!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh they are both lovely. I love the way you've captured the swirls and curls -- terrific. I too hate to see the last of fall. Our yard and next door are carpeted in red leaves from the neighbor's tree and it's too pretty to rake up!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It is beautiful and so 'autumn'!

Joan said...

I keep scrolling back and forth between the two of these and have decided that I can't decide which one I like best. lol The colors are beautiful and your did a wonderful job!