Thursday, November 05, 2009

Last of Fall's Gold


Last of Fall's Gold
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

Traveling almost two hours south reminds me again of the importance of various climate zones. The small difference of 100 miles and half a temperature zone, in addition to recent warm days and bright sun, finds pockets still of golden leaves and yellow fields. While I've used a bit of 'artistic license' to enhance the golds in this work, nonetheless, there are still fall displays nearby that have not yet succummed to our recent winds and cold.

Our first freeze is expected later this week, and I suspect that more and more scenes like this will be duller by next week. But the momentary glimpse of the season's splendor was certainly a delight!

Mike is making good progress, and though the four hours of driving to and from home each day to work is tiring, seing his progress, helping with his health care, are all more than rewarding. Again, thank you for all your prayers and good thoughts.

We've a board meeting tonight so the hour will be late when I get home .... but the pile of paper on my desk has been lowered significantly! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely scene Lin -- the dark tree trunks and fence are just perfect standing out against the yellows in the trees and grass.

Whew; long days for you but I know how important it is for you to check on Mike and how important it is for him to have your loving care.

Take good care of yourself.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Beautiful autumn scene Lin combined with good news makes for a great day.

Joan said...

Wow!!! The colors are gorgeous!! I like the contrast of the bright yellows and the dark trees. Mother Nature is really working overtime.

I'm glad Mike is doing so well. That must be a relief!

I hope you have time to pop over to my blog today and tomorrow, since I know how super busy you are right now. I'm posting my paintings that I did in Monet's Gardens...what an experience!

Pat said...

Your painting is lovely, yours are the only fall color I see from my house. I still have watermelons, tomatoes and my apples are blooming. Other then the light decreasing the air is warm during the day and cool at night.

Laure Ferlita said...

Lin, just caught up with the news of your son and mother, as well as changes at work. I'm sure "when it rains, it pours" must have renewed meaning with all of this on your plate. So glad to hear some of the news and progress has been positive.

You, and your family, are and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Simply beautiful, Lin. Amazing gold.
Glad to read good news about Mike.