Friday, November 27, 2009

Lone Tree by the Creek


Lone Tree by the Creek
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

HOME!! Thank heavens for a safe 1500 mile journey. We are sore, tired, achy, but grateful the trip went well .. and SOOOOO very glad to get out of the car.

Mom is safely in NY, the Thanksgiving dinner with the grands was wonderful, but HOME never felt so good.

I sketched this during my short break from packing Mom's things ... It's from a photo reference from the Pumpkin Patch event we took Emily and Nick to in mid- October -- but it could have easily been sketched from one of my mom's apartment windows -- the view of her creek and lone deciduous tree dressed in late fall greenery.

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful ... I'm off to unpack and organize the boxes we brought home, do laundry, and I pray, take a much needed nap!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I LOVE the color of this one and the softness. It's just beautiful Lin and to think you found time for it among your hectic days. Glad you are home safe and sound! Rest up!
Hugs,
Lorraine