Thursday, September 02, 2010

Calm before the Storm


Calm before the Storm
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Painting
Journal Size

Sunup -- and Earl still threatens the NC Coast. Evacuations are taking place and landfall is expected along the northern coast of North Carolina .....My fingers are crossed and prayers offered that the hurricane doesn't cause too much damage. Emergency preparations are being made and will be dispatched as needed tonight or tomorrow.

Although we are about 100 miles inland from the coast, we'll be feeling some gusts of winds - hoping for some rain, though none is predicted - and watching our friends on the coast. With more storms on the westward hurricane track this season, Earl is only the first storm we'll be watching.

We have a busy day today with the Plant a Row for the Hungry. We'll do more planting, do additional work on our viticulture project, and work on making pear butter .... FUN!

Take care today ...!

5 comments:

Lise Steenerson said...

I LOVE this!!!
Good luck with the storm

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness Lin -- I don't have words for your painting this morning. It is stupendous, incredible, unbelievable! The colors -- WOW -- the way the sun light looks -- double WOW. Is it too late to get this one in your show.This will blow their socks off dear friend. It just GLOWS. I just keep going back and looking and looking at it. How you managed that glow is beyond my imagination.
Big hugs of appreciation for a terrific start to my morning.
Lorraine

Joan said...

What a gorgeous dramatic look to this!!!!

We got back from Venice last night and I checked the weather channel and saw that the storm was coming. I hope there isn't much damage. Everyone seems to just take these in stride...and then a big one comes along and just boggles the mind.

Yeah!!! I see you are hanging!!!

Have a great day!

Sarika Alvekar said...

Oh my ... that would be great.my pleasure...Thanks a lot Lin.:)

Teri said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Stay safe my friend.