Monday, September 06, 2010

Harvest Challenge - Blackberries

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Another challenge by Bill (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorus_maver/4935493833/). This time - blackberries! My painting of them tended to show them more 'unripe' than ripened ... but it was fun -- and challenging --- to get all those berries highlighted!! LOL THANKS once more, Bill!

Another incredible morning - cool, cool, cool! I slept with the windows open last night, falling asleep to the music of cicadas and crickets .... the scent of my Tea Olive wafting thru the screen .... how I LOVE these early days of fall! We've another cooler day today ... and I'll enjoy it with the grands ... but the high 90s return later this week as the new season teases its way here.

It's a labor day celebration in the US - and most offices are closed. There are still so many folks unemployed ... and today of all days we need to offer thoughts, encouragement and prayers that they find work. For those of us with jobs, the economy still makes us nervous for the employment situtation has not yet begun to improve very much ... fingers crossed for us all!

Meanwhile, I'm grateful for another day spent at home with my loved ones .. and -- REST!

Have a terrific day!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ah I love the impressionistic qualities of this one. And the colors -- makes my mouth water for blackberry cobbler which I didn't have once this summer!

Cool here too and yes this is a day to reflect and look toward changing the way we live as unemployment nears 10%. I fear we have some rough years ahead and I am grateful for the years I worked and enjoyed the fruits of my labor!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It is beautiful. Love the rich colors in this one.