Sunday, September 12, 2010

Maple leaf


Maple leaf
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Yes - the leaves are actually these colors --- not all - but at least one-third of our canopy has already changed leaf color and has begun dropping leaves.

We've had several days of cooler nights, and last night a good soaking rain ..coupled with the last years and the last few months of drought, this fall promises to be mighty early.

I sketched these quickly before the grands got up in the morning ...

C has his jam today and we've company for dinner ...another busy time ...

Hope your day is terrific!

4 comments:

Teri said...

I love the autumn leaves. Great subjects to paint.

Joan said...

I can't believe we are on our way to autumn...but it sure has felt like it lately. Love the colorful leaves!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun with the grandkids too!

Sarika Alvekar said...

Wow very nice work, loved all leaves.

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness; this looks like a photograph -- so detailed and the color is breathtaking. Lin you amaze me with the way you switch from style to style so effortlessly. Autumn is my favorite time of year and I can never be satisfied with anything I create with autumn colors. But you have outdone yourself. Bravo.
Hugs,
Lorraine