Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Old Shed in the Yellowing Woods - Oxford

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

The fields are turning yellow - and are filled with those wonderful yellow-daisies that seem to amass this time of year. This shed, located about 3 miles from my home, seems to represent the view I'm seeing these days.

We're off to install some fall plants for a nearby town -- garden day for us .. so I"ll be away from the computer for a while.

That bug 'busyness' continues to follow me and I find myself dashing from fire to fire ... hope it slows down a bit ...

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Glad you had time from all your dashing to paint this lovely serene, soft scene. I love it -- the colors, the sky,the way the trees are so soft and dreamy. And that tiny rusty-roofed little building -- superb.

We are a bit behind you, surprisingly, in the leaf colors so far. I guess we had a bit more rain. But a lot of yellows and pale browns and dry leaves falling.
Hugs and take care.
Lorraine

Joan said...

Lovely painting of the foliage and the little shed. I love the colors. It reminds me of one of the views in the plein air spot our group was painting at this morning. Hopefully I'll get back to do that view too.

Enjoy!!

Teri said...

Oh I needed to see this quiet scene yesterday when my life felt out of control. It is so beautiful and peaceful.