Monday, September 13, 2010

Orchids on Masa


Orchids on Masa
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP
Masa Paper

A busy but fun day yesterday! It was so good to share a meal with our good friends followed by music and a bit of painting. We walked before nightfall, the weather cool and pleasant ... and we again noticed how quickly it seems that the season is turning.

I am still enjoying my masa experiments and this time wanted to see how splash and splatter worked on it ...

It'll be another week of classes and getting different gardens ready for the change in season ... so I'll be away from the computer much of this time this week as well.

I hope your week is fabulous!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Combing the two techniques really works well together.
Yes, autumn does seem to be arriving early and fast.

Joan said...

This looks good on the masa. I don't think I would have ever tried combining them, but it works.

Have a great day!

Lorraine said...

I just love your masa paintings and this one is no exception. The leaves are gorgeous -- love the colors and of course the texture. I think this is your new found love! And I think any technique YOU would try with Masa would be gorgeous.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Casey said...

These are wonderful and loose - lovely!