Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oxford Fall Roadsides - Yellow Flowers on Masa

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP
Masa Paper

The shade of pines, the yellow daisies, grasses, bits of wildflowers --more views from our travels along our rural roads .....

Ah yes, the hay is also in the fields - dryer this cutting than in the spring, and with the sun's lower position in the sky, the drought and the dust -- they seem to take away some of that scene's charm - but not all of it -- those bales still engage me!!

I worked this view on masa paper - and love the way the paper helps accentuate the textures in the trees.

Thank you all for your most generous and kind comments yesterday. C and I had dinner together last night -- the first time on a Monday evening in about 4 years or so!! Woo hooo!! I have a class to teach on drying (dehydrating) foods, and so I worked up my recipes for the class from home since I had so much food, pans and such to gather at one time. Should be a fun class ...

I'm off to work - car is filled with all sorts of goodies and more flower bulbs for our town project ... one would really be surprised at how much storage is in one wee Toyota Prius! LOL

I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Terrific Lin. The trees are so lush and green and I love the way you've shaped and shaded the tree trunks. The roadside wildflowers make a nice contrast with their color and brightness. You are getting to be an expert with the Masa!!

Have a fun time today.Wish I could be in your class!
And glad you got to have an anniversary dinner and evening with Charles.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Bravo!!!! Wonderful rich autumn colors!! I like the idea of using masa paper for this!!