Thursday, September 30, 2010

Return to Splash and Splatter for My Birthday

Daily Practice
Journal Size

It's dark - dark - dark!!! outside with the rain sluicing across the roads, beating the roofs and generally making quite a mess outside. It took longer to get to the office this morning from my friend's home with such heavy rainfall and flooding roads ---

Thank you for your kind comments yesterday and the surprise cards and notes to celebrate my birthday today -- THANk YOU -- truly!

Our Plant a Row volunteers will have a potluck today to celebrate both my birthday and my assistant's who celebrates her birthday tomorrow. My sweet husband has prepared pistachio gelato for the group, and after an early morning of meetings, the lunch will be a lot of fun --

Again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

6 comments:

Sarika Alvekar said...

Happy Birthday Lin !!! Have a wonderful and watercolorful year ahead !!!
And thats a beautiful splash and spatter.

annie said...

What a happy painting, Lin. I do love your splash & Spatter. And Happy Birthday, too.
annie

Joan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope the rain and the flooding doesn't spoil it for you. I saw a clip on the flooding near Wilmington this morning.

This is really lovely!!! You do so well with the splash and splatter. This is one of the techniques I have to try.

Have a wonderful birthday!

Teri said...

Happy Birthday Lin! Your gift to us is this beautiful bunch of blooms. Have a wonderful day.

Lorraine said...

Oh me, we should be "gifting" you instead of receiving this most beautiful of your splash and splatters. Gorgeous. You have really outdone yourself on this one and you surely must keep and frame it to enjoy every day. It's stupendous.

Wishing you the very happiest of birthdays and year ahead to the best friend I could ever have.
Big hugs and much love,
Celebrate hugely!!
Lorraine

Elizabeth said...

And a wonderful belated birthday to you, Lin! What a glorious exuberance of color!! You have a great way with these. All the best to you!