Friday, September 10, 2010

Rose Fence on Masa


Rose Fence on Masa
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP
Masa Paper

It's been a long week with back to back meetings, long days and longer nights, and a busy weekend ahead.

My son is holding his fund raiser for a friend who was severly injured in a motocycle accident - there'll be a motorcycle run, chicken dinners, door prizes, and more -- and the event concludes with a dance and music. He's been able to secure almost all he needs through donations -- and if you'll pardon a mother's prejudice -- I am truly proud of this young man. To do this while still recovering from his own bout with doctors, a full schedule of work and children -- shows a determination and kindness that is commendable. Please send your good thoughts for its success and the well being of his friend.

We'll keep the grands for part of the weekend while Mike coordinates all the event's details. We're expecting fine weather -- fingers crossed!

We'll also have company and Charles' jam on Sunday -- so I'll be a bit scarce and will have to squeeze in a bit of painting as I can.

I painted this landscape a few weeks ago - and for those areas or gardens with a bit of rainfall or water, the knock-out roses are still blooming - though even these vigorous plants are showing signs of the season. At the Arboretum, our roses are a bit sparser and have already lost some leaves.

When I drove home late yesterday I was astonished to see so many yellow tree leaves on the ground.... and I even spied my first bits of red in the treescape ...the heat and lack of rain have certainly accelerated the season!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely Lin!! The colors of the roses against the green is a beautiful contrast and the fence adds just the right touch. And of course the mystery of the Masa makes it an extra interesting painting. Bruce was looking at your latest postings yesterday with me and he was really blown away by your grapes and grape leaves Masa. Incredible, he said!

Sending good vibrations for success with Mike's project and yes, he is to be commended for all he's doing. Hmm, he sounds like someone else I know!!

Have fun with the grands and try to get some rest in somewhere!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

The masa is great for the roses. It adds a wonderful texture to the painting!!!

Mike sounds like a great friend to have. I hope his fundraiser is a rousing success.

Teri said...

A beautiful painting that shows how a mass of roses look. Best for the fundraiser.