Sunday, February 06, 2011

Almond Blossom Challenge


Almond Blossom Challenge
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

The Watercolourist group held another challenge offered by Janina of an almond blossom ... this is my interpretation of the posted image ... (http://www.flickr.com/photos/33128445@N05/5410405638/) Thank you Janina for the challenge!

I enjoyed painting these, the promise of spring evident in the sunshine and blossoms. Today promises a bit of that sunshine and warmth and we hope to get outdoors again once for a much needed walk.

And yet -- we've got a 'mixed winter forecast' for later next week ... rain, perhaps snow ...depending on the stronger front that enters our area. It's been a see-saw of a winter!

Hope you enjoy the day!

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh this is SO gorgeous. The beautiful white flowers with their shadows and lines and those colorful centers -- WOW. And what a beautiful background. I love the soft, muted, mixed colors and the splatter. This is another winner for sure! And yes, what a breath of spring!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I could sink right into those gorgeous petals!!! Lovely job, Lin!!!

It seems almost warm enough (dare I say it again?) to paint outside the car. I'm going to have to try. Enjoy your day!

Frank Zweegers said...

It is amazing, I realy like your art.

Timaree said...

This is just beautiful!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous Lin. Makes me yearn even more for spring!