Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Dreaming of Summer Beaches


Dreaming of Summer Beaches
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Yep, the grey, rainy days have returned, the Northeast US is being hit with yet another snow storm, and I"m dreaming of summer sand, salt air, beaches, and the leisure of vacations! I'll bet I'm not the only one these days. I'm only wishing those were MY footprints in the sand! LOL

Busy days at work, another week of workshops and late nights, LOTS of visitors yesterday -- a good day -

I hope your day is safe and warm - and filled with dreams of leisure ...

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

I am not a beach person, except when it's cool (!) but I could definitely be converted by your beautiful painting today. I love the way you painted the water and waves, the beach grasses and their shadows, and oh those foot prints in the sand -- beautiful and serene and I'd like to be walking there too!
Lovely painting Lin.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

OMG, I totally love this scene. Makes me want to walk down that path and jump in!!

Timaree said...

Now this one sure chases the grays away! I can feel the breeze in the warm sunshine here!

Joan said...

I love the dramatic shadow of the beach grasses!!! Lovely job on this one...I can almost here the ocean and feel the spray.

We are getting drizzle right now, but they are still saying it will change over to freezing rain and snow. I hope they are wrong. I'm tired of this. lol Have a great day!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

I am with you Lin. This painting is helping me to dream of warmer days. I love it.

http://www.onpainting.wordpress.com said...

Looked a several paintings, you have some very fine pieces. That sand makes me want to take off my shoes