Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fall Forest - Inspired by Denis Collette

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

THANK YOU once more, Denis for the inspiration for this painting! (Please see Denis' incredible photography here: ...! Though fall may be behind us, the morning cold temperatures encourage me to find warmth where I can! When I go outdoors to feed the kitties, I find them huddled in their 'cat house' under the heat lights - they too struggling to keep warm.

Our temps are supposed to rise for the rest of the weekend and next week - and reach the 60s and 70s .. and though I am still pining for snow, I'll take the warmer weather. It'll be hard to resist the urge warm temperatures as they seem to push us outdoors to the garden -- our last frost dates are typically in mid- APRIL -- so we'll all try to resist the desire to prune and plant! LOL

The grands come today for the weekend so I'll be a bit out of touch ..

Hope your day and weekend are wonderful!


Vicki Holdwick said...

Beautiful Lin,


Joan said...

Loose, and splashy...a perfect combo!!!

Snow flurries are predicted here for today and tomorrow, followed by warmer weather. Hopefully I can paint outside. lol Enjoy the weekend with the little ones!

Teri C said...

Beautiful glowing colors!