Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fall Forest - Inspired by Denis Collette

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

THANK YOU once more, Denis for the inspiration for this painting! (Please see Denis' incredible photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/deniscollette) ...! Though fall may be behind us, the morning cold temperatures encourage me to find warmth where I can! When I go outdoors to feed the kitties, I find them huddled in their 'cat house' under the heat lights - they too struggling to keep warm.

Our temps are supposed to rise for the rest of the weekend and next week - and reach the 60s and 70s .. and though I am still pining for snow, I'll take the warmer weather. It'll be hard to resist the urge warm temperatures as they seem to push us outdoors to the garden -- our last frost dates are typically in mid- APRIL -- so we'll all try to resist the desire to prune and plant! LOL

The grands come today for the weekend so I'll be a bit out of touch ..

Hope your day and weekend are wonderful!

3 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Beautiful Lin,

xoxo

Joan said...

Loose, and splashy...a perfect combo!!!

Snow flurries are predicted here for today and tomorrow, followed by warmer weather. Hopefully I can paint outside. lol Enjoy the weekend with the little ones!

Teri said...

Beautiful glowing colors!