Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fog and Fence - Thank YOU, Alvar!

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

THANK YOU, Alvar Astulez (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvar_astulez/) for your most beautiful photography that inspired this watercolor painting. Please take a moment to see his wonderful works!!!

In this image, I was attracted to the light, the fog, and the wonderful dawn light .....I changed the fence and angle of the capture a bit to look somewhat like the views I see in my early morning drives through rural North Carolina.

We've been busily preparing for another full class tomorrow, and our vegetable gardening class next week has a waiting list!! WOW!

It's a warm week and we've begun addressing the gardens outdoors -- I"m hoping that when we meet Thursday for our kick-off Plant a Row for the Hungry we can begin turning over the soil in preparation for spring planting!

Have a great day -- and again, my sincerest thanks to Alvar!


Joan Sicignano Artist said...

Linn, what a wonderful atmospheric painting. I feel as though I am there. In our car trips to Florida, this painting brings back very fond memories. Thank you for sharing.

Lorraine@collagepaws.com said...

What a glorious way to meet the day. Thank you!! The glow is gorgeous and the colors equally so. I love the fence and bits of dark grass against those glowing colors, and the bit of fog makes the painting uniquely yours!

Good luck with the classes.
Big hugs,

Teri C said...

Just beautiful Lin!!!

Joan said...

Wonderful firey glow to this! I love the colors.

I'm visiting my sister in NJ..went to drop off paintings for the NE Watercolor Society's Members' Show..and then plein air painting.

Hope your day was great.