Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fog and Fence - Thank YOU, Alvar!

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

THANK YOU, Alvar Astulez (http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvar_astulez/) for your most beautiful photography that inspired this watercolor painting. Please take a moment to see his wonderful works!!!

In this image, I was attracted to the light, the fog, and the wonderful dawn light .....I changed the fence and angle of the capture a bit to look somewhat like the views I see in my early morning drives through rural North Carolina.

We've been busily preparing for another full class tomorrow, and our vegetable gardening class next week has a waiting list!! WOW!

It's a warm week and we've begun addressing the gardens outdoors -- I"m hoping that when we meet Thursday for our kick-off Plant a Row for the Hungry we can begin turning over the soil in preparation for spring planting!

Have a great day -- and again, my sincerest thanks to Alvar!

4 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Linn, what a wonderful atmospheric painting. I feel as though I am there. In our car trips to Florida, this painting brings back very fond memories. Thank you for sharing.

Lorraine@collagepaws.com said...

What a glorious way to meet the day. Thank you!! The glow is gorgeous and the colors equally so. I love the fence and bits of dark grass against those glowing colors, and the bit of fog makes the painting uniquely yours!

Good luck with the classes.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Just beautiful Lin!!!

Joan said...

Wonderful firey glow to this! I love the colors.

I'm visiting my sister in NJ..went to drop off paintings for the NE Watercolor Society's Members' Show..and then plein air painting.

Hope your day was great.