Monday, February 21, 2011

Hellebores - Lenten Roses


Hellebores - Lenten Roses
Originally uploaded by linfrye
1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Another beautiful day yesterday - mid-60s and filled with sunshine. Though it 'feels' like spring acomin', the midwest and northeast iare scheduled for yet another blast of winter snow and ice ....and our temps will fall later this week. We are still hoping for rain as well. With our region already in a drought, the predictions for summer plant needs are not looking very good.

I was reviewing my spring photo albums from last year, and found several images of helebores blooming brightly in mid March. Those in my friend's garden are not yet in bloom, but I thought I'd nod to the wonderful weather this week with a cheerful display of flowers.

We drove around the countryside yesterday and I found several old barns where I didn't expect to see them - simply because the vegetation of spring and summer was down enough to spot the structures through the woodlands grown up around them. Can't wait to paint a couple.

Another busy week filled with teaching, workshops and meetings -- hope you have a terrific week as well!

2 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely beautiful! Lin I love your colors and composition. Happy you are having beautiful weather, it is snowing on Long Island as I write. It's a pretty soft snow, won't be to bad.

Have a great week.

Teri said...

OMG!!!! these are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!