Friday, February 04, 2011

Playful Daisies


Playful Daisies
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

It's cold and rainy again, and I am in a great need of color ... This is a playful piece -- wish I had added a fifth daisy --- but wanted to try a few techiques and simply play with color and light. I want to do this again with a better composition, but I enjoyed the playfulness of it and the COLORS! LOL

I'm off early this morning to see my two grands receive school awards .. yahoo!!!

Stay warm and dry!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh I love the colors and the whiteness of the daisies amongst the colors. It is playful and spring-like -- looks like you had fun painting it. We need a breath of spring here too. Thanks!!

Congrats to the grands. I'm sure all the time you spend with them helped them win these awards. So happy for them.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Looks super to me...and like you had a lot of fun! The colors are so vibrant and you can almost feel their warmth.

I had hoped to paint outside the car yesterday, until I actually stood outside in the wind. lol Much too cold for me. I guess it will have to warm up to about 40 before I try that again. Have a sunny, warm day and enjoy the grandkids.

Teri said...

Oh gosh, you know how much I LOVE these daisies!!!