Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine Callas


Valentine Callas
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

My sweet husband gifted me for Valentine's Day with a calla lily plant -- not only were they a thoughtful, beautiful gift, but SKETCH MATERIAL! LOL

I wanted to paint these with a bit of looseness and yet a bit more realism ... so my attempt was to do both in my painting expression ....

It'll be another late night tonight as our gardening class is filled, and I've three meetings prior to that workshop ....but temperatures are beautifully warm -- in the 50sF! And so between all of those obligations, I hope to get outdoors for a relaxing walk ...

Hope your day is filled with sunshine!

3 comments:

Teri said...

He is such a sweet guy with this double gift. Beautiful!

Joan said...

Callas always remind me of trumpets playing music to the heavens. Love this with the pinks. What a wonderful, and different, flower arrangement for Valentine's Day.

Have a super day!

Timaree said...

Such a pretty painting and how lucky to get some fodder for paintings!