Thursday, April 28, 2011

Astilbe

Astilbe by linfrye
Astilbe, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

I still do not have access to Flickr except on my borrowed computer --- I have access to this only for a few minutes each day, so I'll catch up with everyone this weekend -- I hope.

This painting was done a while back -- but my own astilbe are getting ready to bloom ... they seem quite early to me.

We're under the threat of more severe weather and tornados ... we've already had blips of power losses ... and my heart goes out to those in the midwest who just experienced the storm heading this way...

Be safe everyone ....

2 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Love this one and the snowball below!!! Great work.

I was thinking of you as we walked around the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens yesterday where so much was in bloom. The colors were awesome, and that must be what you see so often.

I pray that you are safe in these storms. It is getting a bit to scary out there lately. All the best for a great day...and I am still voting!

Lorraine said...

So lovely and soft. I needed that today. Thank you dear friend.

It has been so stressful living with the pounding rain, winds, and sirens going off for tornado warnings these past few days but fortunately all damage has been minor and no lives lost in KY. My heart goes out to all those directly in the storms' paths and the victims' families.
Big hugs,
Lorraine