Saturday, April 02, 2011

Azaleas - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORRAINE

1/8 sheet
Arches 140#CP

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORRAINE!

It's been a long, unusual winter and an even more unusual spring. Weather conditons seem to have played havoc with the environment and people's psyche and health....Here in North Carolina, the oaks and other trees are in bloom and making folks most miserable with allergies.

Yet despite it all - at the Arboretum, the azaleas have begun their spring show - bringing a cheerful color and delight to banish winter blues and spring's uncomforable sneezing.

Today my friend Lorraine enjoys another birthday - and so this cheerful expression is for her --

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HEART - MAY BE IT BE MOST WONDERFUL.

And may your weekend be as joy-filled!

4 comments:

Joan said...

This is definitely a taste of spring, Lin. Lovely!!!!

We have sunshine and warmer temps today...hope to go plein air painting! Enjoy your day!

Teri said...

A birthday and spring is a perfect combination for this beautiful bloom.
Happy Birthday Lorraine.

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful spring flower. Can't wait for mine to bloom.

Well Done! Enjoy you spring weather.

Lorraine said...

Oh I feel so ashamed to be so long in acknowledging this drop dead gorgeous painting. I love the upward and downward sweep and the colors and the very lively yet slightly abstract effect.

Thank you dear dear friend for marking my birthday in such a delightful way. I had a bad cold for about a week so was offline, and my birthday fell right in the middle of it, so I am just now getting caught up on your wondrous paintings.

This is truly a treasure and I just want to cover my walls from floor to ceiling with your gorgeous paintings. We need to a Lin Frye Museum to hold all your delightful paintings -- thankfully we have your blog which we can visit at any time and enjoy each painting again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful birthday gift.
Big big hugs,
Lorraine