Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fence and Field

Fence and Field by linfrye
Fence and Field, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

The grasses in the fields around my home are growing ... and between the greens of the leafing trees, the greena of the grasses, and the greens of all those pines, dots of yellow and white are beginning to fleck this 'emerald' vista.

This field is two miles from my home, and each time I pass it, I'm waiting for the mustards, buttercups and daisies to make their appearance and turn all that green into gold. The parade of wildflowers has begun, though, and here and there, bit of color, other than green, are showing.

Thank you all for your votes and your kind thoughts. When I got to work yesterday, much of the timber had been cut away from walkways, limbs had been collected, and some of the gardens 'put to rights.' My feeling again was deep gratitude for so little damage compared to mere miles away where other greenhouses, nurseries and farms fared so much worse.

We're making lists of replacement needs, getting estimates and overall returning a bit to normal. And I thank each of YOU for thinking of us and those who have been so adversely affected by these recent storms.

Thank you too for voting! We've gotten our weblink fixed -- so you can go here to reach the page:

http://www.johnstoncc.edu/
And click on "Click here to vote each day"

Again, many many thanks!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful trees Lin and I LOVE the crinkly (barbed?) wire on the fence. What a great look.

I so glad so much progress was made at the arboretum and that you have made so much progress. KY is greening up too and our "natural" lawn is full of wild violets and the occasional dandylion! And yesterday I saw the white dogwood blossoms peeking through the "walk-on" tree/shrub that needs to be trimmed out of the dogwood's light.

Pace yourself dear one.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is being straightend out near the school. My thought are with those that lost so much.

This looks so "country" and peaceful...almost like something is going to start growing right before my eyes.

We are having fog and drizzle again. Hopefully the dampness will be gone by next week. We have a group going to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens to see the cherry blossom.

Teri said...

A wonderful spring painting before all the flowers arrive. I know you will be painting it again when the blooms arrive. Please?!