Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Geranium

Geranium by linfrye
Geranium, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Flower sales -- don't you love them?! I saw these pots of geraniums at a sale the other day and they so reminded me of all the geraniums I saw in Italy, I just had to have a couple.

Right now they sit on my front porch --but next weekend, I'll find a permanent home for them.

In my region, they're treated as an annual, so I'll have to find new ones next year. I bought these more orange flowers rather than the bright crimson ... I seem to be more into 'soft' colors this spring.

We're in for a storm today and tomorrow so all my plants will get a good drink ...

Stay safe!

4 comments:

Teri said...

These are so beautiful Lin. Fresh and just happy.

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful, Oh Lin, now it's time to buy some of those geranium plants. I will try the market to see whats been delivered.

Have a great day and stay dry. We are having a cold rainy day here on L.I.

All the best to you,
Joan

Joan said...

I love the runny leaves and the softness to some of them. Great job!

It doesn't feel like spring here to day. Hope your day is super.

Lorraine said...

So realistic yet a bit impressionistic at the same time -- perfect! I have always thought of geraniums as an annual but I know people who, even in Vermont, hang them up to dry in the winter and then plant them again next spring. They were one of my mother's favorites but I didn't like the smell!! I suppose that smell keeps some pests away??? Anyway, I've grown to like them but from afar!!
Big hugs,
Lorraine