Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lake Tranquility

Lake Tranquility by linfrye
Lake Tranquility, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches140#CP

Among all the devastation of property and loss of life, and the bustle of recovery work from Saturday's tornadoes, this small lake near my home sits as a tranquil reminder that there will be less frenetic, painful days ahead. It always seems so contrary to me to have blue skies and sunshine following a big storm -- but there it is ...Perhaps it's a message of hope midst the ruins and sadness.

I return to work today to see just how much damage our grounds have endured. I've seen photos and talked to my staff, and we've been spared the worst. I suppose the hardest thing is bearing the disappointment of work and effort lost so quickly and knowing it must be done again .... and again ... and realizing just how fragile it all is ...

Still, the gratitude of safety fills us all ... and prayers for those less fortunate.

Thank you all for your votes and support!

Vote today! THANKS!

http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a lovely serene and yes, tranquil, painting Lin -- soft colors to soothe the soul. There's a quote about the sun and blue skies after the storm but I can't pull it from this old memory bank right now. I hope the damage is less than you expect and not as difficult to overcome.

Thanks for sharing this and reminding us that this too shall pass. Mother Nature is one fierce force to be sure but the balance is her incredible beauty. I looked at a book of paintings of the Grand Canyon last night and they took my breath away over and over.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It is indeed tranquil.
Those storms have created so much misery in their path, we can all use this wonderful calm scene.

annie said...

As Lorraine and Teri C say....
And I thank you, too. So coothing an so comforting a place...
annie

annie said...

As Lorraine and Teri C say....
And I thank you, too. So coothing an so comforting a place...
annie

Joan said...

Lovely peaceful look to this!!!

I hope that the damage is less than you expect. Things can always be redone and rebuilt and replanted. It will take a lot of work and faith, but people have a way of pulling through in the worst of times. Hope things are brighter!!!

Sandy said...

What a luscious kiss of springtime!

Katiejane said...

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Where I live everything is so flooded but at least we haven't been hit by tornadoes on top of that. Yes, in nature everything is taken in stride.