Friday, April 22, 2011

Nasturiums

Nasturiums  by linfrye
Nasturiums , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

These bright, peppery tasting flowers are in full bloom at the Arboretum .... we sold so many of them over the weekend too. Their leaves and flowers are edible and add a 'zip' to salads of all types. I love how they drape over the beds we've planted them in ...

I can't 'read' the colors of my painting on my screen this morning as compared to the painting ... somehow these look darker on the screen than they are in real life. I'm finding my scanner either washes out all color or darkens it too much ... sigh ...

We're off to get more matting and frames for my month-long exhibit at the library whein my work town. I exhibited there in January and I'm back for another display. I have quite a few new paintings to frame.

We also have the grands coming to a pre-Easter dinner, so I hope to have some time to paint as well and get some plants in the ground. The season is moving ahead fast!

Have a great day and a terrific Easter weekend! And thank you too for voting!!

http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

4 comments:

Joan said...

Love the colors!!! I must say I've never tried eating them.

Have fun matting and framing. Hope your Easter weekend with your family is wonderful!! Enjoy!

Lorraine said...

What a great painting -- so glorious with color and I love love love how you did the background. It makes the orange Nasturiums just pop!

Good luck with your framing and have a great Easter with the little ones!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Katiejane said...

I can't wait to see these guys in real life. Love this flower in summer.

Teri said...

Beautiful and bright Lin.

Happy almost Easter.